Pasta is such a versatile dish that fits any mood or need. Different types of sauces, pasta, cooking styles, there is something for everyone!
This also includes cooking time.
Picture this, it’s a Monday morning and you don’t have much time to pack lunch. What are you going to do? Whip up pasta in 5 minutes.
You heard it right, 5 minutes!
Conversely, it’s the weekend and your friends are suddenly coming over.
A 50-minute pasta recipe will come to your rescue.
The recipes below are easy to cook with interchangeable ingredients.
5-minute recipe – Spaghetti
This recipe is so simple because it requires ingredients everyone usually has in their kitchen. Plus you can switch an ingredient with something else quite easily. You could replace the mushrooms with vegetables or just add vegetables of your choice along with the mushrooms.
3 tbsp olive oil
A couple of mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Your preferred kind of cheese
Handful of basil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the tomatoes in boiling water for a minute. Drain the water and remove the skins. Quarter and seed the tomatoes, then chop them up.
- In a large pan bring salted water to a boil. Add Agastya Spaghetti and boil it for 8-10 minutes. You can pre-cook the spaghetti in advance and quickly add it to your recipe to save time.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and fry them until they are almost crispy. Add the chopped garlic, tomatoes, salt & pepper, and the rest of the oil. Heat it for 1-2 minutes until it starts to simmer.
- Add the Spaghetti to the pan and toss it with the sauce until it’s lightly coated. Place the pasta on the plate and grate some cheese over it.Garnish with basil and you are ready to go.
50-minute recipe – Macaroni and cheese
Mac n’ cheese is popular because it is delicious, satiating, and is not that difficult to make. If you don’t have a certain cheese from this recipe just skip it and it will still be yummy and rich in taste.
200 gms of Agastya Macaroni
Shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup dry bread crumbs
¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C. To a boiling pot of salted water, add the macaroni and cook until al dente.
- In a baking dish, stir together the macaroni, shredded cheddar cheese,cottage cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and the melted butter. Drizzle it over the macaroni mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden. Your delicious mac n cheese is done.
Agastya pasta can be cooked in multiple ways suited to your cooking style. Whether you’re on the go or just chilling at home, there’s a recipe for you. Try these recipes at home and tell us how they went!